Welcome to the very first blog entry of the typical gay guy, AKA me. Let me first just write a little disclaimer that I am in fact NOT the typical gay guy. In fact, I do not think there is such a thing as a typical gay guy or a typical straight guy for that matter. OK, well maybe there is a typical straight guy, but maybe I think that because I just recently saw a full episode of Jersey Shore for the first time.
So a little background about me. First of all, I decided on pink stripes for my background just because it's stereotypical. I actually do not own anything pink or purple for that matter, but that's a whole other story altogether. I'm 35 years old, living in Baltimore and currently have an amazing boyfriend that lives in DC. To protect everyone's anonymity, we will just refer to myself as TGG and my boyfriend as BF. Imaginative names I know. Considering I used to work at TGI Friday's over a decade ago, you think I would have more flair for the dramatic, but unfortunately I am already disappointing you right off the start.
I was born and raised in Baltimore and lived there my whole life until I went to get my MBA in 2009 in Manchester, England. That's right, I'm edu-mi-cated and a world traveler! While in England (or whilst as the Brits would say), I took up rugby when I joined the gay rugby team there. They became my family and rugby became a bit of an addiction to the point that I still play now that I am back in the states and drive over an hour one way just to get to practice. There is something therapeutic about being able to legally hit people. :)
So besides rugby and BF, another huge part of my life is my amazing dog Zippy. (Yes, everything is amazing in my life, including me). Since we don't have to worry about Zippy's privacy, here is a picture of him so that you everyone can awe over how supercute he is. I don't know what it is about a bandana, but it makes every dog even cuter. I got him from the local SPCA where I still sometimes volunteer. He was two years old when I got him and I realized after I got him why his previous owners had named him Zippy. He's quite the handful. I bit high-strung, a bit neurotic, a lot like his daddy. (That would be me)Well, I want to try to keep this blog updated on a regular basis with the things going on in my life, so I don't want to give away too much all at once. Gotta keep you boys and girls guessing! Tomorrow, I'm off to my first CrossFit class, thanks to Groupon. It was supposed to be today, but my lazy ass woke up too late, so hopefully I will have some stories to tell. Maybe I won't, but I'll try my best to keep you all entertained to the best of my abilities. Until next time... TGG.
No comments:
Post a Comment