Don't worry Katy, I really do love you. So much so that you physically caused me harm. In my attempt to tire my dog out and get back my six pack, I decided to turn my regular leisurely dog walk through the park with a semi intensive exercise session. So I whipped out the Sony mp3 player (no, I do not own an Ipod), put on my running shoes, put on Zippy's special walking collar and was ready to go.
Zippy is extremely high strung, so he is sometimes annoyed with a leisurely jog and easily keeps up with me when I sprint at full pace. So in hopes of conditioning myself back to where I used to be, which was able to play an entire 80 minute game of rugby, I decided to walk for a bit and then randomly start sprinting. I was feeling good and looking good and then I traveled into the woods, where there is this stone path that circles through the woods. It's a very twisty path, so I imagined myself weaving in and out of angry rugby players coming after me as I sashayed (very manly sashaying of course) through this crowd of imaginary men. There was even a small bridge that had been shut off with caution tape from damage due to Hurricane Irene, and I decided to use the tape as a running hurdle instead of as an actual warning.
So I'm almost out of the woods (no pun intended) and the pathway starts to incline, so I figured this would be a perfect time to sprint. Katy Perry was blaring on my headphones and I was in the zone. I even trusted Zippy to walk off leash since I was so confident he wouldn't be able to run from me. Lest I forgot about the slightly mossy film that covers the path near the entrance as I rocket across the pavement, slip on the surface and belly flop right onto the pavement. Figuring my dog would be worried about my welfare, I look up to see where he is and he is more interested in peeing on a random bush then worried about why his daddy has just flopped to the ground. I was not feeling the love. I brushed myself off and briefly thought about walking home, but I got a second wind after my knee stopped bleeding and I went another mile. I was quite impressed with myself.
Feeling so butch from my adventurous jog with Zippy, I decided to brave CrossFit the next day again and quickly questioned my sanity. Why am I exercising to the point that I feel nauseous for hours afterwards? After I saw BF later that day and took my shirt off in front of him, I saw a weird look on his face and was wondering what he was thinking. Supposedly, even after one CrossFit session, I had new found muscle definition and essentially was told that I will be going back again. Hopefully I can find a workout partner because exercising alone to the point of exhaustion is a bit difficult, but if it turns my man on more, I guess it's all worth it. Maybe I'll just bring my mp3 player and blast Ms. Perry. Obviously that makes me lose any common sense for a moment. Until next time... TGG.

I am glad to hear the belly flop didn't cause too much damage. I am a little curious about Zippy's special walking collar? Does it give him super puppy strength? Maybe you should start wearing a special walking collar too, yes do that!
ReplyDelete